The BMW Motorrad Club was founded in Windhoek on the 15th October 2010. The initiative was born at a BMW Bike Fest ( club event ) held in Oudtshoorn / Rep. of South Africa in March 2010 ( discussion held between David de Bruyn / Vice President of BMW Clubs Africa and Harald Preschel / Namibian BMW biker, participating at the event ). The favourable decision could be formulated after sufficient BMW bikers enjoyed the inaugural meeting at the Arebbusch Travel Lodge in Windhoek on the 15th October 2010.
The idea and aims of the BMW Motorrad Club Namibia is;
- to enable meetings and interactions with people that share the same interests and motorcycling passion
- arrange for joint BMW bikers outrides
- allow participation on an active Club forum
- partake at monthly Club social meetings
- offer formal training ( beginners, intermediate and advance )
- facilitate bike drivers licenses for newcomers
The BMW Motorrad Club Namibia is a “members driven association”, meaning any and all decisions and activities undertaken are done with the members participation and consent.
The VISION of the Club is:
“Shared Riding Pleasure”
The MISSION of the Club is:
“To foster fellowship through the safe, supportive and responsible riding and enjoyment of BMW motorcycles, in a courteous and environmental friendly manner “
The Club SLOGAN is:
“Enjoy the Ride”
The committee currently meets monthly/bi-monthly on Monday evenings at the Old Wheelers Club (OWC) in Suiderhof, where the Club is affiliated. Club members are welcome to visit the OWC and Club social events are held at the OWC.